Assemble at Singapore Changi Airport for our flight to Tunisia.
• Upon arrival at Tunis, an exciting and exotic holiday in the Sahara awaits you. After a warm welcome by your guide, you will be off to the suburbs of Carthage. Visit the remains of Punic Villa and Anthonius Thermes, the 3rd largest public bath in the Roman World. Then onto Tophet, a Roman cemetery considered as the sacrificing place of Pheonicians. Continue to holy city of Kairouan, enroute a scenic stop to see the Roman Aquaducts.
• The city of Kairouan is the 4th holiest city in the Islamic World. Visit Oqba Grand Mosque, the oldest in North Africa. See the two main reservoirs of Aghlabite Basin. And lastly, visit the exotic Medina (old town) of Kairouan where there are many interesting shops selling all kinds of souvenirs. Depart for Sbeitla. After lunch, visit the Sufetula ruins, the first Byzantine-Roman city conquered by the Arabs. Continue on to Tozeur via Gafsa. After dinner, take a short stroll to the Dar Charait Museum that has an extensive collection of pottery and antiques, as well as an art gallery. Main features of this museum are rooms set up as replicas of scenes from Tunisian life, past and present. The latest addition to the Dar Charait is a light & sound show cum theme park named “1001 Nights”. Here, you will be thrilled with scenes from “Ali Baba & the Forty Thiefs”, “Sinbad” & much more. Get closer to the real local life and get in touch with the family members by having your dinner with a Tunisian family, discover their way of life and enjoy scrumptious homemade meal
After breakfast, transfer by deluxe air-conditioned 4-wheel-drive from Tozeur to Metlaoui for an excursion on the former bey (King) of Tunis’ train, the Lezard Rouge. Beautifully restored and finely appointed, this train will take guests though the breathtaking scenery of the Selja Gorge. These magnificent canyons are otherwise inaccessible. Two short stops on the way allow for memorable photography. After which, travel along the Sahara desert plains to the 3 scenic Mountain Oasis of Chebika, Tamerza and Mides which is near the Algerian border. You will see waterfalls, canyons and streams. Enjoy the cool comfort under the palms trees. We will continue our journey to Nefta. Nefta is the site chosen by Hollywood moviemakers for films such as “Star Wars” & “The English Patient”. Here, the panoramic views of the great sand dunes, vast desert and breathtaking sunset will leave you in awe.
• After breakfast, continue to Douz across the renowned Salt Lake of Chott El Jerid, the largest in Tunisia. This dry Salt Lake is approximately 10 times the size of Singapore. The mineral filled scattered pools of water along the Salt Lake is by itself an attraction – with varying pools of pink, blue or green colors. At the other end of the Salt Lake stands the city of Douz, the last frontier oasis. Once again set foot on the sand dunes for a camel ride. Have fun dressing up in their local costumes complete with headdress. Do not miss this opportunity to take a picture of your lifetime. Dinner and overnight in Douz.
• After breakfast, we will proceed to the unique village of Matmata where the landscape gives you the impression that you are on the moon, perfect for an overnight stay. As most buildings in Matmata are underground, it does not look much of a town as Matmata is a village of troglodyte habitations (underground dwellings). A visit to a troglodyte home will be arranged. See how the courtyard, the bedrooms, the living room and the kitchen are carved out from the hilly slopes. Lunch will be served in one of the unique troglodyte hotels in which one was used in the filming of “Star Wars”. After lunch, continue to the resort island of Jerba .
• After breakfast, visit the pottery shops of Guellala. Here you can purchase attractive potteries and painted tiles. Another attraction not to be missed is the Jewish Synagogue La Ghriba of Erriadh, reputed to be one of the oldest in the world. Continue to Houmt Souk’s Old Town. Lunch at Sfax followed by a short orientation tour of its old town Medina departing of El Jem – visit the Great Colosseum. This magnificent amphitheatre, built around AD200 to AD300 is the most spectacular Roman site in North Africa – better preserved than Rome’s colosseum. Continue journey to Sousse, Tunisia’s third largest town. It’s an unusual combination of beach resort, industrial port and ancient Islamic city.
• This morning, set off the day to visit the Medina – Sousse’s crenellated 9th century walls, they remain intact today and stood right on the shore. Proceed to visit the oldest monument in the city – the Ribat which was built on old byzantine foundations and was a fortress of the Almoravid era. Within the premises of this impressive monument, is a large prayer hall, where the smaller rooms are the cells of the fighting monks who were garrisoned there. After lunch, continue to Tunis to visit Sidi Bou Said, the most picturesque Andalous village in Tunisia. Enjoy the contrast between the white walls and the blue windows of the village houses.
• Free at leisure till transfer to the airport for your flight departure.
• Arrive home in Singapore with a sweet and memorable holiday with CS Travel.
• A minimum group size of 15 passengers is required for a confirmed departure.
• The sequence of the itinerary, flight schedules and hotels are subject to change without prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
• During major events, accommodation may be re-located to another city without prior notice.
• In the event that a place of visit is fully booked or closed due to public engagement, it will be replaced with an alternative.
• All guides are English speaking, if a Chinese guide is required, additional charges may applies
• Only SQ fly direct, all other carrier will need to transit via its capital
• Should there be any discrepancies over the English and Chinese Version of the Itinerary, we shall follow accordingly to the English Version.
• We, as a Travel Agent shall not be held responsible in the event of a flight delay which can lead to disruptions in the itinerary.
• Tour Fare does not Include All Airport Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Visa Application Fees, Tipping, Porterages and all expenses of a Personal Nature