Assemble at Changi International Airport for a pleasant flight to Hakodate.
NOTE: All flights are flying via Narita or Haneda or Pudong (Shanghai) or Taoyuan (Taiwan).
Upon arrival, drive to Lake Toya, where beautiful virgin forests surround the lake. See Mount Showa, an interesting landform that was raised from a farmland after two years of volcanic activities. Marvel at the beauty of Uzu Zan Volcanic Mountains from afar. At the banks of Lake Toya, see Nakajima Island and surrounding mountains, a perfect photography spot. Remember to bring along a towel, to enjoy the hot foot spa (ashiyu). Visit the Brown Bear Ranch to see the Hokkaido Bear running in their natural enclosure. Apples available to feed them at own expense. Continue to Noboribetsu, visit sulphurous boiling pond known as “Jigokudani” or Hell Valley.
Begin the day with a tour to Biei, known as “The Town of Beautiful Hills”. At Shikisai Noka, see the colourful hills of flowers (vary with season). Continue to Furano Winery to see a working winery which offers a wide variety of wines grown in the region. Furano Cheese Factory produces cheese and dairy related products. Farm Tomita is probably the most famous attraction of Furano. The products here will not disappoint travellers with flower-related souvenirs available. At the Furano Greenhouse, you will see beautiful lavenders (all seasons). Continue to Sounkyo Gorge, at foot of Mount Daisetsu. The gorge has lots of waterfalls of which beautiful Ryusei-no-taki Falls (Shooting Star Falls) and Ginga-no-taki Falls (Milky Way Falls) are worth seeing.
After breakfast, visit Sounkyo Gorge, at foot of Mount Daisetsu. The gorge has lots of waterfalls of which beautiful Ryusei-no-taki Falls (Shooting Star Falls) and Ginga-no-taki Falls (Milky Way Falls)are worth seeing. Continue to Asahikawa. Visit Kitanomori Ice Pavilion, the world’s first ice museum. It offers a fantastic, magical, and romantic experience inside a freezing, snowy, and ice-covered world. The Ice Pavilion is kept at a constant temperature of -20C. The highlight of this attraction is a spot where you can experience the mind-blowing temperature of -41C, the coldest temperature ever recorded in Japanese history.Overcoats are provided. Continue to Asahiyama Zoo, the most famous zoo in Japan which houses the largest number of polar bears and penguins in the world. One of the attractions is the Winter Penguin March, where the penguins march in an orderly manner. In the evening arrives at Sapporo, visit Susukino “Ramen & Entertainment” Street where the entire street is dominated by ramen stalls. An opportunity to sample the famous Hokkaido ramen at economical prices (own expense).The colourful neon signboards and street lights make the street more vibrant and dazzling, a perfect location to experience Sapporo nightlife.
After breakfast, our Sapporo sightseeing will include a morning walk to Nijo Fish Market, stroll through the market to see Hakkaido crabs and other seafood. Visit Odori Park, venue of the annual Hokkaido Snow Festival. See the towering NHK Tower and Tokei-Dai (clock tower) which was built in 1878. Visit Sapporo JR Station, where you can spend some time shopping at the Underground Shopping Mall. Visit Tennuki Koji and enjoy shopping at ¥100 Shop, where affordable buys await all. Ascend Mount Okurayama, enjoy a panoramic view of the city. See the 1972 Winter Olympic Ski Jump. Vsit Ishiya White Chocolate Factory and take an excursion through its Chocolate Museum to discover the history and production of Hokkaido’s chocolate. See the European royal chocolate tea cups. Visit the Chocolate Deli where you can purchase chocolate cakes, tea and coffee. See the 1960’s Toy Museum. Visitors will get the opportunity to sample and buy a variety of Hokkaido’s manufactured white chocolate. Visit Hokkaido Jingu Shrine, a large Shinto shrine set in heavily wooded grounds.
After breakfast, drive towards Otaru, famous for its canal and glasswork shops. Walk along “Classic European Walk” and see the ancient European architecture of the buildings by the romantic waterfront. Visit Crystal Musuem and Kitachi Glass Galley, well known for its antique lamps and hand-blown glassware. Not to be missed is Otaru Orgel Doh, which houses the “Otaru Music Box Musuem”. The best buildings are to be found in the harbour area and along Otaru Canal, which is prettily lined with lamps. Ascend Mount Tengu on cableway (subject weather conditions) for a bird’s eye view of Otaru City. Drive to Mitsui Premium Outlets and for some good bargains. Popular brands such as Coach, Burberry, Polo Ralph Lauren, Armani Exchange, Furla, Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger, Brooks Brothers, Elle, Furla, Levi’s, Nike, Timberland, Adidas, Asics, Fila, Billabong etc. are available here.
NOTE: Occasionally, group might visit Rera Premium Outlets instead of Mitsui Premium Outlets.
The day is free at leisure. Bid farewell to this beautiful country before transferring to the airport for your flight home. We hope you had an exciting holiday with CS Travel and thank you for your support!
1. Sequence of itinerary subject to change without prior notice and/or may operate in reverse cycle.
2. In the event, Mount Tengu cableways is undergoing annual maintenance, it will be replaced with Tanakashuzo Sake Factory & Gallery.
3. Please note that this tour does not go to Tokyo; deviation is not permitted
4. Duration Transit timing may range between 2.5 to 6 hours
• A minimum group size of 15 passengers is required for a confirmed departure.
• The sequence of the itinerary, flight schedules and hotels are subject to change without prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
• During major events, accommodation may be re-located to another city without prior notice.
• In the event that a place of visit is fully booked or closed due to public engagement, it will be replaced with an alternative.
• All guides are Chinese speaking, if a English guide is required, additional charges may applies
• Only SQ fly direct (selected season only), all other carrier will need to transit via its capital
• Should there be any discrepancies over the English and Chinese Version of the Itinerary, we shall follow accordingly to the English Version.
• We, as a Travel Agent shall not be held responsible in the event of a flight delay which can lead to disruptions in the itinerary.
• Tour Fare does not Include All Airport Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Visa Application Fees, Tipping, Porterage and all expenses of a Personal Nature