Assemble at Changi International Airport for a pleasant flight to Hakodate.NOTE: All flights are flying via Narita or Haneda or Taoyuan (Taiwan). In the event flights to Hakodate are not available, we will fly into Chitose and sequence of tours will be adjusted accordingly.
Upon arrival, drive to Asahikawa, visit the famous Asahiyama Zoo, the most famous zoo in Japan which houses the largest number of polar bears and penguins in the world. One of the attractions is the Winter Penguin March, orderly manner to greet you. Continue to Sounkyo Gorge, at foot of Mount Daisetsu. The gorge has lots of waterfalls of which beautiful Ryusei-no-taki Falls (Shooting Star Falls) and Ginga-no-taki Falls (Milky Way Falls) are worth seeing.
After breakfast, proceed to Abashiri and visit Mount Tento to enjoy a 360° view of the Okhotsk Sea. Embark on the Ice Breaker to cruise (subject to weather conditions) the Okhotsk Sea,see the Siberian drift ice and abundant wildlife（Ice Breaker Cruise on 1 February – 1 March 2019）.Visit the Drift Ice Museum where visitors can enjoy the ice all year round in the -15°C cooling room. There are large interactive displays which give information about the ice and the animals that live on or around the ice flows. Continue to mysterious Lake Mashu, one of the world’s clearest transparent lakes; it is also prized as one of the greatest scenic spots in all Hokkaido. Continue to Kawayu Onsen District, to visit an active volcano – Mount Io (known as Sulphur Mountain). The said mountain will be seen ejecting yellow sulphurous jets. Journey to Lake Akan. Tonight you may pamper yourself at the hotspring.
NOTE: the excursion to the drift ice museum will be replaced with icebreaking cruise on the Okhotsk Sea to witness the Siberian Drift Ice and wildlife.
After breakfast, Visit Explore Ainu Kotan, a small Ainu village in Akankohan. Stroll along the street lined with souvenir shops selling Ainu handicrafts, food etc. Drive to Mitsui Premium Outlets and for some good bargains. Popular brands such as Coach, Burberry, Polo Ralph Lauren, Armani Exchange, Furla, Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger, Brooks Brothers, Elle, Furla, Levi’s, Nike, Timberland, Adidas, Asics, Fila, Billabong etc. are available here.
NOTE: Occasionally, group might visit Rera Premium Outlets instead of Mitsui Premium Outlets.
After breakfast, enjoy some free time at the snow field. All snow activities like skiing, snow mobile, Snow rafting, snow tubing, snowboarding etc will be at own expense. In the afternoon, continue to Sapporo.
Sapporo sightseeing will visit Odori Park, venue of the annual Hokkaido Snow Festival. See the NHK Tower and Tokei-Dai (clock tower) which was built in 1878.Visit 1972 Winter Olympic Games- Okurayama Observatory. Visit Sapporo JR Station, where you can spend some time shopping at the Underground Shopping Mall. Visit Tennuki Koji and enjoy shopping where affordable buys await all.In the evening, visit Susukino “Ramen & Entertainment” Street.
After breakfast, visit Nijo Fish Market, a showcase of wide variety of fresh seafood. Continue to Ishiya White Chocolate Factory and take an excursion through its Chocolate Museum to discover the history and production of Hokkaido’s chocolate.Continue to Hokkaido Jingu Shrine, a large Shinto shrine set in heavily wooded grounds. Drive towards Otaru, famous for its canal and glasswork shops. Walk along “Classic European Walk” and see the ancient European architecture of the buildings by the romantic waterfront. Visit Crystal Museum and Kitachi Glass Galley, well known for its antique lamps and hand-blown glassware. Not to be missed is Otaru Orgel Doh, which houses the “Otaru Music Box Museum”. The best buildings are to be found in the harbour area and along Otaru Canal. Ascend Mount Tengu cableway for a bird’s eye view of Otaru City.
The day is free at leisure. Bid farewell to this beautiful country before transferring to the airport for your flight home. We hope you had an exciting holiday with CS Travel and thank you for your support!
1. Sequence of itinerary subject to change without prior notice and/or may operate in reverse cycle.
2. In the event, Mount Tengu cableways is undergoing annual maintenance, it will be replaced with Tanakashuzo Sake Factory & Gallery.
3. Please note that this tour does not go to Tokyo; deviation is not permitted
4. Duration Transit timing may range between 2.5 to 6 hours
• A minimum group size of 15 passengers is required for a confirmed departure.
• The sequence of the itinerary, flight schedules and hotels are subject to change without prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
• During major events, accommodation may be re-located to another city without prior notice.
• In the event that a place of visit is fully booked or closed due to public engagement, it will be replaced with an alternative.
• All guides are Chinese speaking, if a English guide is required, additional charges may applies
• Only SQ fly direct (selected season only), all other carrier will need to transit via its capital
• Should there be any discrepancies over the English and Chinese Version of the Itinerary, we shall follow accordingly to the English Version.
• We, as a Travel Agent shall not be held responsible in the event of a flight delay which can lead to disruptions in the itinerary.
• Tour Fare does not Include All Airport Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Visa Application Fees, Tipping, Porterage and all expenses of a Personal Nature